What your learning will look like in Trimester 2/Semester 2
With only a few weeks left of Trimester 1, we hope you’ve been enjoying our new blended model of study. This has combined the social interaction and connection of on-campus group learning, and the flexibility of studying online.
- If you opt to study exclusively online (Cloud Campus) in T2/S2, you will continue to be supported to study flexibly via our premium online learning model.
- For those of you undertaking campus-based study, you can look forward to an expanded range of physical learning activities in T2/S2. These physical learning activities will continue to be delivered alongside online learning resources and experiences, so you’ll still be able to study in a flexible way that works for you.
Your provisional T2/S2 timetable will be available on 14 June, and you’ll be notified of any further arrangements in your unit site. Stay tuned for more information about this soon.
Exams will stay mostly online
In 2021, we’re continuing with online exams, including for open-book exams, online quizzes, and take‑home exams and assignments.
We’ve seen a number of benefits from online exams, such as improved student access and better learning outcomes. For example, this model helps us to assess how you apply your learning rather than just memorise facts and figures. This will make you far better prepared for your future career.
On-campus exams will be restricted to those required for professional accreditation or using specialist learning spaces. If you need any special arrangements for your exams, don’t stress – you’ll be supported as usual.
How to stay up to date
- You’ll receive regular communications from the University and your Unit Chairs about any changes that affect your learning activities.
- Check your unit sites via DeakinSync and monitor your student emails for course updates, information and tips.
- Bookmark our FAQs for the latest information about what services are available and how to access them.