Tell us how you’ve found the start of uni and you could win a $100 gift card!
At Deakin, your student experience means everything to us, and one of the most important phases of your entire uni journey is the very start – offer, enrolment, Orientation and those first few weeks of classes.
As a commencing student in Trimester 1 2021, you’ve just experienced this for yourself – and we’d love to know how you found it.
Did the Getting Started period help you settle into uni life and feel like a member of the Deakin community? Do you feel more informed about what’s on offer here at Deakin, academically, socially and culturally? Has it set you up for study success and helped show how you can make the most of uni?
We’re especially interested in how you found the blend of online and on-campus activities, which is a new way of delivering Orientation that we’ve been working hard to develop.
So don’t hold back! We want the good, the bad and everything in between!
All you have to do is complete this online Getting Started survey – it will only take 15 minutes and will give us invaluable insight into what worked and what we can improve for next time.
For example, our last Getting Started survey led to some important changes, including personalised Orientation itineraries for each student and the development of Deakin Scout, our navigation and wayfinding app that helps you find your way around campus.
Have your say to win!
As a thanks for your time and invaluable feedback, everyone who completes the Getting Started survey will go into the draw to win one of five $100 e-gift cards.
So go for it – tell us your thoughts on uni so far! The survey closes Sunday 16 May.
Terms and conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the state of Victoria, Australia.
- The competition is free to enter and is strictly open only to current Deakin students who commenced their studies in Trimester 1 2021.
- Staff employed by Deakin and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition period is from Monday 19 April to Sunday 16 May 2021.
- Winners will be drawn at random on Tuesday 18 May 2021.
- There will be a prize pool of five $100 e-gift cards.
- The total prize value is $500.
How to enter
- Students must complete the online survey to enter.
Selection and notification of winner
- Prize recipients will be emailed the e-gift card to their Deakin email address.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Deakin’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
Privacy collection, use and disclosure statement
- Personal information provided to Deakin University by entrants will be used to notify the winner of the competition. A photograph of the winners may be published on Deakin University’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and Instagram and other digital channels such as the Deakin Life blog.
- Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).