Are your details up to date? Three important reminders to add to your diary now
Welcome back from the intra-trimester break! Now that we’ve all had a breather, it’s important that you dedicate some time now to get ready to tackle the second half of the study period.
As we begin getting stuck into assignments and planning ahead for exam time (yes, it’s important to prepare early!), it’s vital that Deakin has your correct details on file and that you’re aware of important upcoming dates for T1.
Here’s three essential reminders to add to your to-do list now.
1) Check your details are correct in StudentConnect
You must keep your address in StudentConnect up to date while you are studying at Deakin. It is important that we know where you are located when scheduling upcoming exams or online assessment tasks you might have.
Please take some time now to ensure your details are correct for the following fields in StudentConnect.
- Your home address. This should reflect where you are currently living. We use this address for reporting and to help determine where you are during the exam period.
- Your postal address. This is where we will send mail to you.
- Your mobile phone number. You can record this in the ‘Postal address’ field if you opt to receive text message alerts.
- Your personal (non-Deakin) email address. Remember you can always forward your Deakin email to another email address if you’d like.
- Your emergency contact details. Please include the name, residential address and mobile phone number of an emergency contact, and your relationship to them.
If any of your details are incorrect or have recently changed, please update these details in StudentConnect by Friday 24 April 2021.
Failure to provide or keep these details up to date in StudentConnect may result in you not receiving important information about your study and course.
If you have any difficulties using StudentConnect, please contact Student Central via the enquiry form or telephone.
2) Deakin is closed for the ANZAC Day public holiday
Please note that Deakin University will be closed on Monday 26 April for the public holiday following ANZAC Day (Sunday 25 April). We wish you an enjoyable and safe long weekend and the University will re-open as normal the following day on Tuesday 27 April.
3) Have you got your Deakin Card yet?
Your Deakin Card is your official student ID, so you should have it with you whenever you’re on campus. You’ll also need it if you have to attend any venue-based exams, to borrow books from the Deakin Library or print material, or if you need to access buildings for after-hours study.
If you haven’t already ordered a Deakin Card, you’ll want to do this sooner rather than later. Learn more about how you can skip the queue at Student Central and order your Deakin Card online.
Stay up to date at Deakin
For a full list of important Trimester 1 dates, refer to the 2021 University Handbook. If you have any questions about updating your details, or need advice about your course or other Deakin services, get in touch with Student Central today.