Showcase your unique skill in 60 seconds and you could win our online talent show!
Do you possess a special skill, party trick or hidden talent?
Don’t be shy – now’s your chance to showcase your unique talent in our online talent show!
No matter what course you’re studying, we encourage you to join the Business and Law’s Got Talent online event on Thursday 29 April. Present your talent to us in 60 seconds, whatever it may be, and you could score a prize!
Want to take part?
Simply follow the steps below to enter.
- Prepare one video of 60 seconds maximum showcasing your talent. Any kind of talent is accepted.
- Please note you must be currently enrolled in any Deakin course to participate.
- You can perform by yourself or in a group with other Deakin students and/or immediate family members (up to four people maximum);
- To register, please submit your entry details and video via the online entry form. Entries close at 12 noon on Monday 26 April.
- To be eligible you must also register to attend the Business and Law’s Got Talent online event (and be available to present your talent during the online event) from 4–5pm on Thursday 29 April after submitting your details and video.
Win a prize!
If your talent is deemed to be outstanding by the judging panel and participating audience votes, you could receive one of the following prizes.
- 1st prize: $80 eGift card
- 2nd prize: $50 eGift card
- 3rd prize: $30 eGift card.
Got a question?
If you have any questions about entering the Business and Law’s Got Talent online event, please email [email protected].
Terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia.
- The competition is free to enter and is strictly only open to current Deakin students. These students must also complete and submit an entry in the manner set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants may only enter the competition once.
- Staff employed by Deakin and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Entries for the online event close at 12 noon on Monday 26 April. Winners will be determined during the online event on Thursday 29 April.
- There will be a prize pool of 1 x $80 eGift card, 1 x $50 eGift card and 1 x $30 eGift card.
- The total value of the prize is $160.
How to enter
- Students must submit a video and their details via an entry form on this blog, and register for the online event on Thursday 29 April to present their talent in 60 seconds.
Selection and notification of winner
- The winners will be judged and announced between 4–5pm on Thursday 29 April during the online event.
- The winners will be announced and the winning videos will be posted on the Business and Law Student Mentor Program Instagram page on Friday 30 April.
- The winners will be notified between 4–5pm on Thursday 29 April during the online event.
- The winners will be required to confirm their student ID number during registration to verify they are a current Deakin student.
- The winners of the eGift cards will be emailed a link to their prizes.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Deakin’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes. Entrants agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event that theirs is the winning entry and if requested by Deakin.
- The winners consent to their name and photograph being published on Deakin social media and other digital channels if requested to in any and all forms as determined by the Division of Student Life.
Privacy collection, use and disclosure statement
Personal Information provided to Deakin University by entrants will be used to notify the winner of the competition. A photograph of the winners may be published on Deakin University’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and Instagram and other digital channels such as the Deakin Life blog.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).