Our campuses are temporarily closed
Following today’s announcement by the Victorian Premier, from 11.59pm, Friday 12 February to 11.59pm, Wednesday 17 February, our campuses are closed to staff and students, excluding essential staff and those students living on campus. Read more about the latest lockdown restrictions.
What you need to know
There will be a pause on scheduled on-campus teaching, events and other activities following the Victorian Government announcement of a five-day ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown for all of Victoria, where Stage 4 restrictions apply. This means:
- There are only four reasons you can leave your home: shopping for the things you need, care and caregiving, exercise and work, if it is essential.
- Exercise and shopping will be limited to 5km from your home.
- Face masks are to be worn at all times – both indoors and outdoors – except if at home or if an exemption applies.
- Public and private gatherings are not permitted.
- Higher education is closed.
What this means for students
Online learning will continue as planned. Students with scheduled on-campus learning activities should check your unit sites for the most up-to-date information.
T3 examination update
All Trimester 3 and Trimester 2 Supplementary/Special exams scheduled online via CloudDeakin are continuing as per schedule. If you had an exam scheduled on campus, the exams team will contact you to discuss suitable alternatives and options such as special consideration.
If you have an impacted clinical placement, you will be contacted by your unit chair or placement coordinator.
T1 timetable update
Current timelines and standard processes will continue as planned. Please check the STAR website for the most up-to-date information.
Support for students
Rest assured, help is still available during this time – you can continue to access a range of Deakin support services online:
- Student Central: If you have a question about your enrolment or course, finances or other issue, contact Student Central by phone or submit an online enquiry. Student Central Hubs remain closed.
- Deakin Library: Contact the Library via Library Chat, email or phone. All campus libraries are closed.
- Study Support: Access a range of academic and study support online, including help from Language and Learning Advisers, Writing and Maths Mentors, and Smarthinking.
- Learning Centres: Are closed.
- IT Help: For any issues with CloudDeakin tools and other technologies, access IT Help online or over the phone, Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm, and weekends, 11am–5pm.
- Deakin Medical Centres: Remain open for free and confidential face-to-face or telehealth consultations. By appointment only – book online or by phone.
- Counselling and Psychological Support (CAPS): Telehealth appointments only. Students located in Australia can talk to one of our highly skilled social workers and psychologists – book online or by phone.
- Safer Community: If you feel unsafe or need to report sexual harm or family violence, contact the Safer Community team online, by phone or by email.
- Disability Resource Centre (DRC): The DRC is available Monday to Friday, 9am–4pm via phone or email.
- Multifaith Chaplains: Contact your preferred Multifaith Chaplain via phone or email for a confidential chat.
More information will be provided as soon as possible
- You’ll receive regular communications from the University and your Unit Chairs about the evolving COVID-19 situation and any changes that affect you.
- Check your unit sites via DeakinSync and monitor your student emails for course updates, information and tips.
- Bookmark our FAQs for the latest information about what services are available and how to access them.
- What you need to keep doing to stay well
- If you feel unwell at all, we encourage you to get tested
- What you need to know about face masks
- Health and wellbeing – the latest updates for Victorians.