Deakin’s COVIDSafe module – helping our community stay safe
With the COVID-19 situation continuing to evolve, the entire Deakin community’s health and wellbeing is our number one priority. Deakin has developed an online learning module to help staff, students and visitors understand their individual responsibilities towards being COVIDSafe on campus.
What the module covers and how to access it
The COVIDSafe learning module will only take 15 minutes to complete. It highlights how you can:
- conduct a health self-check before coming to campus
- practise good hygiene and safe behaviours while on campus
- maintain the collective wellbeing of Deakin’s community
- take appropriate proactive steps and notify Deakin if your health is compromised.
What other campus safety precautions are in place
We’re complying with all government and health guidelines, and have implemented a range of measures to keep Deakin COVIDSafe. This includes:
- encouraging physical distancing, space capacity and hygiene requirements
- displaying extra digital and physical signage around campus with relevant information
- using personal protective equipment where required
How to keep Deakin COVIDSafe
Remember, if you are attending a Deakin Campus or Learning Centre, you must observe physical distancing requirements and practise good hygiene to minimise the risk of spreading illness.
If you feel unwell, you have been tested for COVID-19, or have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case, please do NOT attend the campus or Learning Centre.
If you have any flu-like symptoms, you must be tested. The on-campus Deakin Medical Centre is NOT a testing facility. Instead, call the dedicated 24-hour hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services coronavirus website for a list of testing sites and other information.
Where to go for information and support
- Bookmark Deakin’s online FAQs about COVID-19, which are updated regularly.
- Victorian Governments COVIDSafe Home Safety Plan
- Victoria Government Coronavirus – How we live
Thank you for making your commitment to a COVIDSafe Deakin!