Skip to navigation Skip to content
Two students smiling as they walk through Waurn Ponds Campus

15 January 2021

Relocating from a regional or remote area to commence your studies? You may be eligible for financial support

Will you need to move to undertake your undergraduate studies at Deakin in 2021? You may be eligible to receive the government’s new Tertiary Access Payment to help you do so.

What is the Tertiary Access Payment?

The Tertiary Access Payment is a one-off payment of $5000 available to school leavers from outer regional or remote areas who relocate to undertake full time, higher-level tertiary education (Certificate IV and above). Your home would need to be more than 90 minutes away from your new institution and you need to be studying either face-to-face or via a dual delivery method for at least part of the course.

This payment is intended to help you cover increased costs you may incur when relocating to a new city or town to undertake your studies and provide you financial support during your first year of study. Although the payment might not cover all your costs, it can go towards some moving expenses such as the bond for your accommodation, assistance with rent and other household bills, as well as textbooks and study supplies.

Are you eligible? Apply today!

Visit Deakin’s Tertiary Access Payment webpage to review your eligibility and submit your application via the online form. Please note the number of payments available is limited and applications will close once available payments are fully allocated, so don’t delay – check the site and apply now!

back to top
%d bloggers like this: