Your guide to T3 exams and final assessments
Student Central is your starting point for questions about your Deakin studies.
The Trimester 3 exam period isn’t too far away – it will run from Thursday 11 to Friday 19 February. There will be no venue-based exams for your T3 units. Most exams and final assessments will be delivered through your CloudDeakin unit site as one of the following options:
- A supervised online exam. Information on how to prepare and sit your exam will be in your CloudDeakin unit site.
- A timed exam. If your unit uses this format, please prepare early to ensure you have everything you need.
- A timed exam available during a 24-hour window. As an example, you may have a two-hour exam and can choose when to start. Remember: you only have two hours to complete it, and you’ll need to ensure you finish and submit it before the end of the 24-hour window.
- An exam you download to work on and then return to the site to upload. Permitted working times for these exams should be listed in your unit site (for example, 24, 48 or 72 hours). These exams have strict deadlines – there will be no extensions or allowance for late submissions, so ensure you allow enough time at the end of your exam to upload your work before the submission time finishes.
We’ve put together some tips below on how to prepare for your exam as well as a CloudDeakin FAQ and Help guide. If you have more questions, visit the General exam information page.
The following tips will help you to prepare for your exams.
Check StudentConnect and your unit sites
- You can find your individual exam timetable (released Monday 14 December 2020) on StudentConnect.
- Check each of your unit sites for details about your exams and final assessments. Each unit will have different requirements, so review the information carefully.
- Most assessments types are time-limited and require you to start at the Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) listed in StudentConnect. If you need to set or change your location for time-zone purposes, you can do so until 5pm on Thursday 28 January. No further changes will be possible after this date. Please do this as early as possible, as updating this information is important for the timing of your exam.
- Plan your time carefully as you may have exams of varying durations and submission times that overlap. These are not considered clashes, and exam dates and times will not be changed.
- Access Plan adjustments remain in place and will be applied to exams where relevant. Make sure you check your Deakin student email and unit site.
Block out your exam times
Start times for exams are listed in your exam timetable (released to students on Monday 14 December 2020) and are available in StudentConnect. All essential details, including time limits, are listed in your unit sites. Familiarise yourself with the start times and record these in your diary so you’re prepared.
Get study support
Study Support has a range of tools, services and resources to help you prepare for exams. Our in‑depth academic skills resource includes tips on revising for an exam and how to manage the exam on the day. You can also find some hints and tips from a student mentor. There’s even a handy relaxation technique you can try. Progressive muscle relaxation can benefit your mental wellbeing by relaxing your body during stressful situations.
Plan your workload
Managing your time effectively is an important part of studying for your exams. Use our study workload planner to figure out how to fit your study time around the other commitments in your life.
Quiz yourself and do some practice exams
Get together with your study group and write practice quizzes for each other. You’ll get as much from researching and writing your quiz as you will from answering your study group’s quizzes. You can use apps like GoConqr to create quizzes or pick something else from Study Support’s set of digital study tools. You’ll also be given opportunities to do some practice exam activities as part of your unit.
Access technical support if needed
If you’re having any issues accessing your exam material, or you need help with any of the digital platforms or tools required to complete the exam, contact Deakin’s IT Help Desk:
- Off-campus: 1800 463 888
- International: +61 3 5227 8888.
During the exam period, the IT team will be available to help you from 8am–10pm Monday to Friday, and 10am–2pm on weekends (ADST). Good luck!