DeakinACTIVE in December: get moving for summer with discounts and prizes on offer!
The holiday season is nearly upon us and it’s time to get moving to stay happy and healthy for the summer months ahead!
The DeakinACTIVE gyms in Burwood and Waurn Ponds will remain open until Friday 18 December 2020 but don’t worry about missing your workouts over the break – once the gyms close until the new year, you can still access our online classes via the DeakinMOVES app and on social media.
Keep reading for details of DeakinACTIVE deals in December!
Want to visit the gym this month? Help us keep Deakin COVIDSafe
All COVIDSafe practices and hygiene services are in place, so you can feel safe working out at DeakinACTIVE.
With reduced numbers allowed inside, you do have to book to attend – for both your gym workouts and your group fitness classes. Download the DeakinMOVES app* if you haven’t already, create a profile and head to the ‘Gym & Group Fitness Bookings’ to start booking in your workouts. Please note this is a necessary requirement to support COVID-19 contact tracing, and we are unable to open the gyms unless we all commit to following the process.
When you arrive, please note you must check in by scanning the QR code displayed on posters and follow all specified safety and hygiene practices.
What’s on offer at DeakinACTIVE in December?
Want to get fit and strong for the summer holidays? Perhaps you’re looking to set some fitness goals for the new year? Then take a look at our great offers available this month!
- Take out a membership this month for a $0 joining fee (that’s a saving of $41)
- Join with our $11 per week Strive membership and you’ll receive an unlimited number of fitness classes during December!
- Bring a friend for free to your Personal Training (PT) sessions (working out with a buddy is always better!)
- You can also buy a five-session PT pack and get one session free, or buy a 10-pack and get two sessions for free.
Can you spot the Elf on the Shelf?
Next time you’re in the gym, keep an eye out for our pesky elf who will playing tricks on us throughout December by moving around the gym!
So what should you do if you spot our festive friend? Take a photo of the elf and tag us on Instagram with @deakinactive (one photo per day per person). Have some fun with it! The member at each campus that has the most tagged photos with the elf during December will win a DeakinACTIVE Christmas prize pack including a water bottle, body scan and one training session.
Could you use some personalised advice about your health?
Can’t make it into the gym but you’re looking for some ways to stay fit and active? DeakinACTIVE also offers free online health consultations and training programs via Zoom so you can easily work out from home.
A health consultation at DeakinACTIVE is a great idea if you’re not sure where to begin – it’s like having your own fitness cheer squad! We support you on your journey, track your progress, keep you accountable and help you to reach your goals.
So what’s involved in an online health consultation? You’ll receive:
- a 30-minute appointment with one of our qualified personal trainers
- a pre-exercise questionnaire with goal-setting and nutrition advice
- a Body Composition Scan to help you maintain a normal safe weight and find out how many calories your body burns in a normal day before exercise (if you have access to the gym)
- an individual home and/or gym program developed to help you meet your goals, which is loaded into the DeakinMOVES app so you can exercise any time, any where
- specific technique and exercise instruction
- check-ins with your trainer so you can get your questions answered
- re-assessment in four weeks to track your progress.
Keen to try it? Just email [email protected] or [email protected] so we can set up a convenient time and send you a Zoom link to catch up.
Stay active over the break with the DeakinMOVES app
The DeakinMOVES app is a fitness buddy that fits in your pocket! DeakinMOVES helps you book your workouts, stay fit on the go and connect with other students while we’re studying from home. DeakinMOVES includes:
- links to free live online workouts via Facebook Live and the ability to live stream workouts during the week (Monday–Friday)
- access to our On-Demand virtual library of workouts – so you can workout literally any where, any time that suits you!
- new workouts posted weekly to complete in your own time
- Health and Wellbeing blogs relating to health and wellness, fitness and mental health
- sporting tips, tricks and tutorials
- fitness challenges (the app lets you collect MOVES, compete against your friends and win cool prizes!)
- healthy recipes, and much more!
Still don’t have the DeakinMOVES app? Go to DeakinACTIVE’s webpage to download the DeakinMOVES app and start your journey to a healthier, happier you.
* If you cannot download the DeakinMOVES app please contact DeakinACTIVE.