It’s time to start your Respectful Behaviour module
Here at Deakin, we’re all about creating a safe, respectful and inclusive learning and working environment. This is the foundation of our culture and is also crucial to your study success.
Every member of the Deakin community has a part to play in ensuring that our university meets this standard. So, as one of our commencing students, we ask that you complete the Respectful Behaviour module – a short online unit that discusses some complex and important issues.
What you’ll learn from the module
The Respectful Behaviour module comprises five topics:
- Respect at Deakin
- Understanding gender and gender inequality
- Family and domestic violence, and sexual harm
- Consent in respectful relationships
- What to do if things go wrong.
In doing this module, you’ll:
- learn about the diversity of the Deakin community
- discover any preconceptions and biases you or others may have that could affect the people around you
- gain practical knowledge that will help you navigate your time as a student, your personal relationships and your future career.
How to complete the module
All commencing students are automatically enrolled in this module from Week 3. You can access it through the units section of DeakinSync or your Cloud Deakin unit list.
To successfully complete the module, you must answer all of the questions in topics two, three and four at an 80% pass rate. You should complete the module during your first trimester of study at Deakin.
Thank you for contributing to Deakin in this positive way!
Support is available
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback about the module, just email [email protected].
If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual harm, or domestic or family violence, contact 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or Deakin’s Safer Community service. In an emergency, call Triple Zero (000).