What matters to you as a young person? Have your say in Victoria’s future Youth Strategy
The Victorian Government is currently developing a new Youth Strategy and is seeking, in collaboration with a range of community organisations, feedback from young people to help shape the strategic directions and areas for focus in the state’s future policies and initiatives.
What is important to you and your future?
Have your say on what matters to you as a young person by attending an upcoming online youth and community forum. These consultations are a collaboration between the Victorian Government, Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic), Centre for Multicultural Youth, Koorie Youth Council, Youth Disability Advocacy Service and Minus18.
Some forums are specific to local geographic areas and others are focused on specific groups of young people – you can choose to attend the forum that is most relevant to you.
These youth-led forums are an important opportunity for you to have your say on your future and improve how our government works with and for young people, so come along and have your voice heard.
Upcoming Youth Strategy forums
- Disabled Young People: Wednesday 18 November, 4–6.30pm. REGISTER HERE
- Bendigo and Loddon (Loddon, Campaspe, Macedon Ranges, Central Goldfields and surrounds): Tuesday 24 November, 4–6.30pm. REGISTER HERE
- Refugee and Migrant Young People: Thursday 26 November, 4–6.30pm. REGISTER HERE
- Pasifika Young People: Wednesday 2 December, 4–6.30pm. More information to come.
- Gippsland and North East: Thursday 3 December, 4–6.30pm. REGISTER HERE
- Melbourne and Geelong (Melbourne, Geelong, the Surf Coast, Colac Otway and surrounds): Thursday 10 December, 4–6.30pm. REGISTER HERE
- LGBTIQA+ Young People: Friday 11 December, 4–6.30pm. REGISTER HERE
- International Students: Thursday 17 December, 4–6.30pm. REGISTER HERE
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Young People: Date TBC, more information to come.
Want more information?
Visit the YACVic website to learn more about upcoming community forums and for details of other ways you can contribute.