COVIDSafe: If you are coming on campus, make sure you plan to scan
Deakin is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our students, staff and the University community. We are currently working to closely manage our on-campus activities while ensuring a COVIDSafe environment for everyone.
As part of our COVIDSafe plan, Deakin has implemented a two-step check-in process to keep our community safe and adhere to the Department of Health and Human Services and WorkSafe requirements.
- The first check-in is with your health before you leave home. Are you feeling well and free of symptoms? If yes, then we look forward to seeing you on campus.
- All visitors are required to check-in via our scanning process when they arrive at Deakin; this is a new condition of entry to our campuses. Retaining records of campus visitors is a Victorian Government requirement for all universities, as part of the COVID-19 roadmap to reopening.
Plan to scan – how to check-in on campus
At the entrances to buildings, rooms, cafes and other spaces on campus, you’ll find posters displayed with QR codes. You’ll need your smartphone or camera to follow the check-in process.
The check-in steps are simple. Prior to entering any campus space, where you intend to stay for longer than 15 minutes, you must:
- Connect to Eduroam WiFi
- Locate the QR Code at the entrance of the space you intend to enter
- Scan the QR code using your smartphone or camera
- Follow the prompts to complete the form with your details.
Please note there are unique QR codes for different locations on campus, so you’ll need to follow this process from start to finish each time you intend to enter a different space on campus.
Some labs and research spaces may have a different process to record attendance, but you’ll receive advice if this is the case.
No phone? No worries. If you are unable to use the QR code for any reason, you can enter the URL www.deakin.edu.au/checkin manually the next time you’re at a computer and complete your check-in that way. Or, find a nearby COVIDSafe Ambassador, and they’ll be able to help you out on the spot. Ambassadors can be found in the library. It’s important that you note the room number/location and time you’re on campus, so you can enter correct information later on.
It is important you understand how Deakin will use your data
Please note this process is not connected to the COVIDSafe app
It is essential you understand that Deakin’s check-in process is different from the Federal Government’s COVIDSafe app.
Deakin recommends you download COVIDSafe too, as an added safety measure.
Thank you for helping us to keep the Deakin community safe and well. The more we do now to arrive at a COVID Normal state, the sooner we will be able to welcome more students and staff back to our vibrant campuses and learning spaces.
See our video below for more information from Deakin’s COVIDSafe Ambassadors about how to follow Deakin’s Plan to Scan process.