HDR students: expand your skills and enhance your employability
As a higher degree by research (HDR) student, it’s vital that you develop your professional skills and technical knowledge, extend your leadership capabilities and enhance your career opportunities.
That’s where our Professional Skills Uplift program comes in!
While COVID-19 restrictions mean campus access is currently limited, this initiative will allow you to make the most of this difficult time by completing a range of short courses as part of your Individual Learning Plan.
In partnership with DeakinCo., you’ll be able to develop transferable skills within contemporary topics and emerging fields such as project management, communication, critical thinking, design thinking, financial management, leadership and data marketing.
Feedback from graduates and industry indicates that students with these transferable skills are highly valued once they enter or re-enter the workplace with a research degree.
How it works
- Courses are fully online, offering flexibility to study anywhere, anytime and around your other commitments.
- You can choose up to eight courses from 52 different courses offered across 19 capabilities (released in stages).
- Each course can be completed in four to six hours.
- Courses are offered at three levels within each capability topic (Proficient, Practitioner, Advanced).
- An optional Skills Hub assessment tool helps you to identify the appropriate course level.
- You’ll receive a DeakinCo. certificate of completion for each course or you can validate your skills with an optional Professional Practice Credential.
Any HDR student who has successfully completed their confirmation of candidature and has a consumed load of less than 3.5 years.
How to apply
Visit the Professional Skills Uplift website for full course information and application details.