DeakinACTIVE is the home of sport, health and wellbeing at Deakin.
While we weather the middle of winter and ongoing physical distancing measures, it’s understandable that you might be feeling a little uninspired to keep to a fitness routine.
However, during this time, staying active is more important as ever for your mental and physical health.
If you’re a Geelong-based member, you are now welcome to train and attend fitness classes at the newly re-opened Waurn Ponds DeakinACTIVE gym by reserving a place in the DeakinMOVES app. Please note you must reserve a place to attend – no booking, no fitness centre!
Book your place now
To reserve your place in a fitness class or training area at DeakinACTIVE Waurn Ponds:
- Enter the DeakinMOVES app. If you don’t yet have it, visit the DeakinACTIVE website to download the DeakinMOVES app and start your journey to a healthier, happier you!
- Select your facility as ‘DeakinACTIVE – Geelong’ from the top left-hand corner of the homepage.
- Click on the ‘Reserve a spot’ tile. This will take to you the current gym timetable and show available bookings.
- Simply select the class or gym activity you want from the timetable according to day and time.
Remember you must be COVIDSafe before attending campus!
While access to campuses remains limited due to physical distancing requirements, you are only allowed to attend Deakin for pre-approved reasons and you must observe any signage or instructions to ensure safety guidelines are followed.
- Before you attend campus for the first time this study period, we ask that you complete the COVIDSafe learning module. The module is available in the My Learning section of DeakinSync and only takes 15 minutes to complete.
- If you book a place to attend the Waurn Ponds DeakinACTIVE facilities, you must only come to campus to use the gym for your allocated 50-minute spot and then leave immediately – you must not linger afterwards. Do not continue to remain on campus unless you’ve been granted permission to do so for a specific reason.
- While on campus, you must observe physical distancing requirements and practice good hygiene to help prevent the risk of spreading illness. You must also listen to any advice you may receive from our Physical Distancing Ambassadors if applicable.
- Do not come to campus if you are feeling unwell, have any possible symptoms of illness or suspect you may have (or have been exposed to) COVID-19 – you should instead seek medical attention.
Please continue to monitor Deakin’s range of online FAQs relating to COVID-19. These FAQs are updated regularly to provide you with the latest information.
Want more info?
See the DeakinACTIVE website for more information about class timetables and COVID-19 re-opening information.