Business and Law’s Got Talent is here – win big by showing us what you’ve got!
We’re committed to offering students a rewarding business or legal education, and offering access to industry, professional networks and award-winning courses.
Hey Business and Law students, reckon you’ve got a special talent? Now’s your chance to shine as the winner of the inaugural Business and Law’s Got Talent! You could also share in $300 worth of gift vouchers.
Business and Law’s Got Talent will be held as a Zoom event at 4pm on Friday 7 August.
I want to enter!
- Showcase your talent – whether it’s dancing, singing, doing magic tricks or something we’ve never seen before – in a video of no more than 60 seconds. Make sure your entry complies with the ‘Terms of entry’ below.
- Direct message your video to the Deakin Business and Law Mentors Instagram page.
- Entries close Tuesday 4 August, 11.59pm AEST.
**All entries received before 11.59pm on Sunday 2 August will automatically go into a draw for $50 gift voucher.**
I want to come!
Not interested in participating yourself but keen to cheer on your fellow students? This virtual event will be great way to connect with your peers and have a few laughs at the same time!
Secure your spot now – friends and family are also welcome to attend! We’ll send you a link to the event once you’ve registered.
I have a question!
If you have any queries about this event, just email [email protected] or phone 9244 5569.
Terms of entry
- We’ll accept both individual and group entries:
- Individuals must be a current Business and Law student.
- At least one member of a group entry must be a current Business and Law student. Your entry should clearly state the relevant student ID and name, as well as a group title.
- All entries must be prepared in line with the latest COVID-19 guidelines applicable to your location.
- Videos must not promote dangerous activities, advertise anything or be political in nature, and should comply with the Deakin Student Code of Conduct. Any videos deemed inappropriate will not be included – this decision will be final.
- Videos must be originally created content by the individual (or group) who submits it, without involvement from outside organisations.
- Finalists’ entries will be aired during a Zoom Business and Law’s Got Talent event at 4pm, Friday 7 August.
- Winning entries will be determined by a judging panel who will assess on merit in conjunction with audience participation votes.
- Winning entries will be announced at the conclusion of the event and the winning videos will be posted on the Deakin Business and Law Mentors Instagram page by no later than Monday 10 August 2020.
- Participants agree to the use of their name and the talent video in any publicity material. There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
- The responsibility for the presentation is the participant’s and Deakin takes no responsibility whatsoever for presentations.
- Participants agree to accept the terms and conditions herein. Deakin University reserves the right to alter the competition rules without prior notification.
Privacy collection, use and disclosure statement
Personal information provided to Deakin University by entrants will be used to notify the winner of the competition. Photographs and or talent footage of finalists may be published on Deakin University’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).