Strut your stuff in the Deakin Bowater Business Challenge!
We’re committed to offering students a rewarding business or legal education, and offering access to industry, professional networks and award-winning courses.
Attention business and law students! Want to develop your problem-solving skills, graduate employability and industry networks? Oh, and win some cash along the way?
Then the Deakin Bowater Business Challenge (DBBC) is for you!
Working in teams of four, students will research and develop a presentation on the future of a selected industry. This year’s DBBC theme is ‘Brand awareness in the Asia–Pacific region: The case for Cyrise, a Melbourne cybersecurity venture accelerator’.
Interested? Here’s how it works
The DBBC is open to all current undergraduate business and law students.
You can enter as a team of four or as an individual – we’ll allocate individuals to a team.
- 11.59pm, Friday 17 July: applications close.
- Tuesday 4 August: registered teams compete in the Preliminary Round, where a University panel will rank each team’s recorded 10-minute presentation.
- Wednesday 5 August: four finals teams announced.
- Mid-August (TBC): Briefing Day – finals teams meet with industry partners and academics to understand the problem in more depth. An academic mentor will support each team.
- Tuesday 8 September: Challenge Final, to be held virtually.
Applications and more information
Hurry – apply online by Friday 17 July.
Need more info or have a question? Email [email protected] or visit the Deakin Bowater Business Challenge webpage.