The Burwood Health and Wellbeing Centre is moving to a fancy new home!
*** UPDATED Wednesday 8 July. Due to the current restrictions in Melbourne, and in an effort to remain COVIDSafe, the move to Building LC has been postponed until further notice. ***
We’re excited to announce that from Monday 13 July, the Burwood Health and Wellbeing (HWB) Centre will be housed in the amazing new Deakin Law School Building (LC).
We’ll be closed on Friday 10 July as we move from the current Building B to the newly completed Building LC on Elgar Road.
Note that Building LC will only be partially open from 13 July, so it’s important that you only attend for essential services and at your allotted appointment time. The rest of the building will be opened in a phased way subject to government and university guidelines.
Where to find us
You can find us at Level 1, Building LC, between the Burwood Link pedestrian bridge and buildings MA and MB.
If you’re driving to campus, please enter via Gate 3, on Elgar Road.
What services are available and how to book
The new facilities bring together Burwood’s key health and wellbeing services, including allied health services:
- Deakin Medical Centre – for a consultation with one of our doctors or nurses, book online or call 9244 5577. You will have a telehealth appointment in the first instance. If your doctor decides you need a face-to-face appointment, they will book a time for you. Please do not come to campus unless requested.
- Counselling and Psychological Support (CAPS) service – make a telehealth appointment with one of our highly skilled psychologists and social workers.
- Safer Community – if you feel unsafe or need to report sexual harm or family violence, the Safer Community team can be contacted by email or phone, Monday to Friday, 9am–4pm.
- Multifaith chaplains – Deakin’s multifaith chaplains offer compassionate support to everyone, whether religious or not. They are available via phone or email for a confidential chat.
Make sure you’re COVIDSafe
- If you are required to attend campus, please go straight to the HWB Centre and follow all staff instructions. Physical distancing measures will be in place and hand sanitiser will be available.
- Anyone attending the HWB Centre must wear a face mask. We have limited stocks of masks, so please source and wear your own.
- If on the day of your appointment you’re not feeling well, you have been tested for COVID-19 or have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case, please do NOT attend.
- If you have any flu-like symptoms, you must be tested. Call the dedicated 24-hour hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services coronavirus website for a list of testing sites and other information.