SEBE students, boost your health and wellbeing with these free online seminars!
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and the Built Environment is offering some free online health and wellbeing seminars to help you be at your best as you study online. Run in partnership with Bupa, the sessions will cover healthy eating, healthy minds and the power of mindfulness.
Register for one or all of the sessions below. Once you’ve registered, we’ll email you the login details for each webinar. You’ll also receive a tip sheet for each session on the morning of the webinar.
Join us for an introduction to nutrition. In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- what it means to eat healthy
- why a healthy diet is important
- all about the five food groups
- how to make healthier food choices in your daily life.
When: 11am–12pm, Tuesday 21 April
We all know the importance of physical health but what does it mean to stay mentally and emotionally healthy? This webinar will:
- build your awareness of the importance of good mental health
- explain the mental health spectrum
- outline how you can improve, and maintain, your wellbeing while at university
- look at how circumstances, study practices and lifestyle habits can impact our mental health
- outline the important markers of mental health, including social connections
- provide practical strategies for developing support systems and seeking help when needed.
When: 11am–12pm, Tuesday 28 April
Succeeding at uni through mindfulness
Uni can sometimes feel overwhelming. In this webinar, we explore:
- the various pressures you experience that may contribute to higher levels of anxiety – for example, exams, assignment deadlines and delivering presentations – and how you can better manage these
- solutions to develop mindfulness, guided imagery and controlled breathing techniques
- practical grounding techniques to help if you experience stress before delivering a presentation.
When: 11am–12pm, Thursday 7 May