How to find library resources for your assessments
Your first assessments will be due before you know it – and Deakin Library has what you need to be successful. From printed books and journals to millions of digital texts and databases, the library has a massive collection of resources that will provide a solid foundation for your studies.
We’ll even show you how to find exactly what you need if you log in to one of our online ‘How to find resources for your assessments’ sessions next week. More details below!
You can access texts, reading lists, study guides and selected past exams by:
- searching your unit code in Library Search on our website or in DeakinSync
- asking Deakin Genie for prescribed texts (if you haven’t, download it from your mobile app store)
- going directly to your Reading List
- viewing your unit resources list in your unit site on CloudDeakin.
Online sessions in Week 3
Dates and times:
To be successful in your course, you need access to the right type of information. This online tutorial will show you how to search your library to find the scholarly resources you need for your assessments.
You will explore how to:
- access and search your online library
- differentiate between print and digital resources
- determine if a resource is available
- find your required reading
- use search techniques to narrow your results
- get individual help from your librarian.
Join our online session to follow along and ask questions!
If you are unable to attend an online session or need some extra guidance, please contact your campus library to organise a consultation with one of our staff. Best of luck with your assessments!