Where to go for help
*This information is relevant to Trimester 1/Semester 1, 2020*
If you’re having issues and need some help, there’s good news – you can access all the support you need from home.
We’ll also be sending you regular emails with tips and hints about online study from successful students and study support staff, so keep an eye on your inbox.
For assistance with connectivity, passwords, CloudDeakin and email visit Deakin’s IT Help. They’re available weekdays 8am–8pm and weekends 11am–5pm.
Student Central can help you with a range of areas.
- Course advice and enrolment.
- Assessment, exams and results.
- Special consideration.
- Fees and financial assistance.
You can call or email Student Central.
Deakin has a team of staff and students waiting to help you with your assignments. Our Study Support team offers the following services.
- Smarthinking – online tutoring and writing feedback 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Language and Learning Advisers – Book a 30-minute online appointment for help with assessment tasks, feedback on planning, and suggested strategies.
- Study Support via email, for quick and simple study questions.
- Writing Mentors – for help with questions about your written assignments, especially essays, reports, reflective pieces or other work.
- Math Mentors – for help understanding maths concepts and the application of maths processes.
Your units and course content
To find out more about exactly how you will be accessing your learning materials from home, connect with your Unit Chair via your Cloud Deakin unit site.
Deakin is continuing to review and monitor the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds. Our FAQs provide the most current information and are updated regularly. If you are a current or future international student, please visit our Deakin’s COVID-19 (coronavirus) FAQs – international students to see more information about travel restrictions and your study options.