FAQ for Higher Degrees by Research studentsDeakin’s COVID-19 FAQs
HDR students located overseas for research and cannot return home to Australia
- Existing HDR students who are overseas and unable to return to Australia have the following options available to them:
- If research cannot be undertaken remotely focus on analysing data, writing literature reviews, thesis chapters, publications or other documents. HDR students can also complete PhD Xtra online coursework units.
- Seek an intermission to candidature or scholarship if the activities listed above cannot be undertaken.
- Our International Research Partnerships team are contacting all students in this situation. If you haven’t been contacted, please email [email protected]
Online study options available to HDR students – Researcher Training and Development
Visit our one-stop shop researcher training and development site for training and development workshops and online modules.
There are online study options for HDR students. PhD Xtra offers online coursework units. The PhD Xtra CloudDeakin site offers:
- Research Integrity Training and HDR Induction (CloudDeakin) – both are compulsory
- Modules for Orientation, Confirmation, ILP, skills development and approaching completion
- Access to the University Epigeum subscription
Respectful Relationships training (CloudDeakin) is recommended for all Deakin students.
The Library can be accessed to support publication and thesis chapter writing. The Library also has online training guides for a range of research skills. There is online study support available from Smart Thinking. For advice, questions and support you can contact your supervisor, HDR Coordinator, HDR staff or the GRA.
International HDR students who have a confirmed offer but have yet to arrive in Australia
Applicants who have a confirmed offer but have yet to arrive in Australia should defer their offer. For queries, please contact [email protected]