Deakin’s COVIDSafe FAQs
**UPDATE: 27 February 2021**
The State Government announced further easing of restrictions from 11.59pm Friday 26 February 2021, allowing more visitors in the home, reduced mask-wearing and increasing the number of students and staff able to attend our campuses.
The state government’s staged approached to Victoria reaching COVID-Normal requires Deakin to continue to take a measured and cautious approach to re-activating our campuses. We continue to review and adjust our plans for on-campus activity based on evolving government advice.
Essential COVIDSafe measures, including:
- Self-check and stay home if you’re unwell – use the Symptom Checker and follow the testing and quarantine guidance
- Complete the Deakin’s COVIDSafe module
- Wear your face mask indoors and outdoors when you cannot maintain physical distancing
- Book a space – if you are attending a campus to study, make sure you book your place in advance
- COVIDSafe Check-in – record your attendance in on-campus locations through the COVIDSafe check-in QR codes
- Maintain good hand hygiene and use the hand sanitiser available
- Respect revised space capacities in study spaces, cafes and rooms
- Maintain 1.5mt physical distance from others wherever possible
- Conduct catch-ups outside where possible.
Please see the accessing Deakin Campuses FAQ for full details of permitted campus access as we continue towards COVID-Normal.
- Information for Deakin staff
- Deakin’s COVIDSafe Module (Students)
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) latest advice
- Smartraveller travel advice
- Australian Government Department of Home Affairs – Novel coronavirus and Australian visas
- Department of Health update
- Update from the World Health Organisation