Deakin’s COVIDSafe FAQs
Deakin is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our students, staff and University community. Our campuses are fully open for business. Following the recent restriction relaxations, there is no longer any cap on the number of students attending campus or staff attending workplaces.
We are managing all on-campus activities carefully to ensure a COVIDSafe environment for everyone.
Please practice COVIDSafe measures, including:
- self-check and stay home if you’re unwell – use the Symptom Checker testing and quarantine guidance
- complete the Deakin’s COVIDSafe module prior to attending the campus for the first time
- wear your face mask as required
- Deakin campuses are open. You can still book your place in advance if you attending a campus to study, but bookings are no longer a requirement.
- COVIDSafe Check-in – record your attendance in on-campus locations through the COVIDSafe check-in QR codes
- maintain good hand hygiene and use the hand sanitiser available
- respect revised space capacities in study spaces, cafes and rooms
- maintain 1.5m physical distance from others where possible
- conduct catch-ups outside where possible.
- Information for Deakin staff
- Deakin’s COVIDSafe Module (Students)
- COVID-19 case and outbreak management
- Deakin COVID-19 Testing Guidelines
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) latest advice
- Smartraveller travel advice
- Australian Government Department of Home Affairs – Novel coronavirus and Australian visas
- Department of Health update
- Update from the World Health Organisation