Campus Services delivers a diverse range of services that contribute towards the sustainability of the University and provide a delightful campus experience.
We’re back for 2020! While the roads and car parks seem pretty quiet now, it’s only a matter of weeks before things start getting busy. This year, avoid paying for parking or finding a car space on campus by trying out a different mode of transport.
There’s a number of different ways to get to campus using public transport. These services are operated by Public Transport Victoria, so you’ll need a Myki card to travel. Check the PTV website for specific routes and timetables.
- By tram: the 75 tram stops on Burwood Highway, right out the front of Deakin.
- By bus: route 201 runs directly between Deakin and Box Hill, and there are also several other buses that travel to campus.
- By bus: Waurn Ponds and Waterfront are serviced by a number of buses.
- By train: Waurn Ponds Station is around two kilometres from campus, with connecting buses available. Waterfront is approximately 400 metres from Geelong Station.
- Sherwood Park Station is right next to campus.
Geelong park and ride
Two Deakin bus services operate in Geelong – and they’re free! You’ll just need to show your Deakin ID card as you get on. We do our best to accommodate everyone, but there may be times when passenger demand exceeds seating capacity. If this happens, rest assured the next bus won’t be far away.
- The intercampus bus is a shuttle service between Waurn Ponds and Waterfront, with a stop at Barwon Valley Activity Centre (BVAC), which is at 1 Barwon Heads Road, Belmont (opposite Kmart). You can park your car at BVAC for free and travel to either Geelong campus on the bus. It’s also a good option if you need to travel between Waurn Ponds and Waterfront during the day.
When: Monday to Friday, 7.05am to 8.30pm (excluding University holidays).
- The Waterfront express bus travels on a continuous loop all day, departing approximately every 30 minutes from the Try Boys Basketball Stadium, 501 Ryrie St, East Geelong (near the corner of Portarlington and Boundary Roads). You can park your car for free.
When: Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 6.15pm.
Is your New Year’s resolution to get active? Cycling, walking or running to campus is a great way to get your daily exercise, avoid car parking hassles and save money. Plus, you’ll be helping Deakin to reduce emissions and work towards our sustainability commitments.
All of our campuses have great active transport facilities, including showers, change rooms, lockers and secure bike storage, which make it easy for you to get here by foot or pedal-power.