Campus Services delivers a diverse range of services that contribute towards the sustainability of the University and provide a delightful campus experience.
The Waurn Ponds Campus will soon be home to a new accommodation precinct, featuring 32 two-level townhouses, linked together with new recreation spaces – creating a sense of village, community and connectedness.
The new residential offering will include an additional 320 beds to provide a contemporary, affordable, high-quality living experience for students.
Due for completion in April 2021, the precinct will include:
- an extension of Baxter Drive to connect to Residences Road and improve pedestrian and service vehicle access
- 32 two-level townhouses
- a common room – for eating, socialising and studying
- a new town hall for gatherings and events, seating up to 300 people
- a village green – a large grassed area for recreation and leisure
- an administration building
- a new pedestrian pathway connecting the precinct to Car Park 3 with improved amenity, lighting and security
- landscaping throughout new areas.
Throughout the staged construction, there are a number of impacts that could affect you, including:
- closure to Car Parks 7, 9 and 10 – please use alternative parking in Car Parks 3 and 22
- various vehicle and pedestrian access changes surrounding the construction site – please follow all directional signage
- some noise impacts at varying levels for occupants in buildings surrounding the construction zone (noise and vibration monitoring devices will be installed to track this)
- the permanent closure of the tennis courts; alternative courts are available at Building OA, Waurn Ponds Estate (visit the Waurn Ponds Estate reception for access)
- tradespeople and machinery working in the construction zone.
Please take care around campus while these works are in progress.