Campus Services delivers a diverse range of services that contribute towards the sustainability of the University and provide a delightful campus experience.
October 15–21 is National Nutrition Week and the Deakin Food Charter’s second birthday, and to celebrate our campus food outlets are bringing you delicious and nutritious deals to power your brain for exams. Keep your wellbeing in check during this busy time and treat yourself with these offers across the week.
Campus food outlet deals during National Nutrition Week
- Fusion: large freshly-squeezed fruit and vegetable juice for $6
- FooMoo: Protein ball and drink for $5; small salad and water or coffee for $10; fruit salad and water for $8
- Food4Thought: $2 water with any salad
- The Common Waterfront: A free bottle of Mount Franklin water or Remedy kombucha with any large ‘green’ meal
- Mr Tod: a free bottle of water with any ‘green’ sandwich, wrap, focaccia or poke bowl
Help yourself to a healthy snack
You can also drop by DUSA’s exam snack stations!
Staying well during exams
As we now understand, nutrition plays an important role in brain function and mental wellbeing. The brain needs a whole heap of different nutrients to function at an optimum level, and it’s the cumulative effect of including these foods in a balanced diet which makes an impact – rather than eating the individual foods alone. Check out this article about the best foods for your brain.
Deakin’s Food Charter
Haven’t heard of the Food Charter? It was designed and launched two years ago following feedback from students and staff on the food at Deakin. There are five pillars – healthy, informed, balanced, easy and sustainable – which guide the menus, operations and experiences in our campus cafes.
You can head to food.deakin.edu.au/food-charter to learn more or watch this short video to find out what the Food Charter aims to do.