Career resources in the Cloud Campus
What do you want from your career? DeakinTALENT has a range of resources and services that you can access to support your professional development.
We’ve put together a list of some of our favourite DeakinTALENT offerings for Cloud Campus students, from video resources to career coaching over Skype for Business. Whether you’re looking to take the next step in your career or just starting out, DeakinTALENT has the resource for you.
You can access a range of DeakinTALENT resources that will help you find and apply for the position that suits you. Learn more about exploring your career options, applying for jobs, preparing for selection and much more through a series of online articles, guides and tip sheets.
You can access a series of informative videos about developing your career:
- Planning your 21st Century Career: find out about building a career plan so you can better understand your own skills, explore your career options, and take charge of your own development and advancement.
- Engaging with Employers: learn more about communicating with potential employers.
- Coming into Final Year… Now What?!: a series of webinars for students who are looking to begin their job search.
- How to Answer Key Selection Criteria: advice on the most effective ways to respond to key selection criteria by using examples from your own experiences.
Explore the DeakinTALENT resources page to browse more videos and articles about establishing your career.
DeakinTALENT provides a number of career success workshops facilitated by industry specialists. There are workshops available for whatever stage you might be at with your career:
- Foundation workshops are perfect for students who are starting out in their careers.
- Extend workshops build on the information in the Foundation workshops and are great for students who are looking to take their knowledge to the next level.
- Advance workshops have been designed for students with more than three years of job experience. All Advance workshops are available online as webinars.
DeakinTALENT Career Coaches will show you how to build the skills you need to compete in the job market.
You can book a Skype appointment for career coaching and get support with clarifying your career direction and help in marketing your skills and experience to potential employers. First, think of what questions you might have for Deakin’s Career Coaches, then visit the Career Coaching page to find the advice you need.