Deakin Library provides access to millions of resources, research support and study facilities for students across all five campuses.
Now that you’ve wrapped up your exams and final assessments, you may understandably be ready for a break from late nights in the library. But that doesn’t mean you have to give up books entirely!
If you’re over cramming textbooks and you’re searching for your next favourite read during your downtime, we’ve got you covered.
Wondering what’s popular right now?
- The place on Dalhousie by Melina Marchetta
- Boy swallows universe by Trent Dalton
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- The Rosie result by Graeme Simsion
Maybe you’re looking for a laugh?
- Rolling with the punchlines by Urzila Carlson
- I built no schools in Kenya: a year of unmitigated madness by Kirsten Drysdale
- How I became a famous novelist by Steve Hely
- Am I doing this right?: life lessons from the encyclopedia Bri-Tanya by Tanya Hennessy
Want to swoon over some romance?
- Unmarriageable: Pride and prejudice in Pakistan by Soniah Kamal
- Love: an enthusiastic & modern perspective on matters of the heart by Zoë Foster Blake
- The kiss quotient by Helen Hoang
- What if it’s us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
Or is sci-fi more your thing?
- Rosewater by Tade Thompson
- Space opera by Catherynne M. Valente
- The extinction trials by S.M. Wilson
- Exo by Fonda Lee
Brace yourself for some horror…
- I always find you by John Ajvide Lindqvist
- Pet sematary by Stephen King
- Inspection by Josh Malerman
- Nightflyers by George R.R. Martin
Or perhaps the next big fantasy novel!
- How long ’til black future month? by N.K. Jemisin
- The fall of Gondolin by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Black leopard, red wolf by Marlon James
- Trail of lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
Maybe you’re just after a quick read?
- If cats disappeared from the world by Genki Kawamura
- Mary Ventura and the ninth kingdom by Sylvia Plath
- Fox 8 by George Saunders
- Gmorning, gnight! little pep talks for me & you by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jonny Sun
Didn’t find what you’re looking for here?
Whatever you like to read, we’ve got loads of options in our Reading Nook collection. Just search ‘Reading Nook’ in the library search bar and narrow results by books in order to browse the latest titles. Enjoy the trimester break, and happy reading!