Be our guest! We are now accepting applications to live on campus in T2.
Studying at university isn’t just about obtaining a degree. It’s a time for learning more about yourself, gaining new experiences, making friends and forging fond memories.
There’s no better way to fully immerse yourself in the lifestyle and culture that Deakin has to offer than by opting to live on campus and join our close-knit residential community.
So what are you waiting for? It’s not too late to join us in Trimester 2.
What are the perks of living on campus?
- Deeper friendships: On-campus students have a stronger sense of belonging and form deeper connections with other students, as a result of tailored living options, peer support and an extended transition program. You’ll make friends for life while living on campus.
- Better academic performance: Living on campus is so much more than just a safe room in a secure building. Students who live on campus can expect to achieve higher grades – residents have been proven to consistently outperform non-residents.
- Personalised support: Deakin carefully selects Residential Leaders, who know what it’s like to live on campus, to ensure you are warmly welcomed and settle in well – 98% of our residents agreed they feel safe and comfortable in their new home. Residential staff and volunteer leaders recognise and can refer matters relating to student safety, welfare and behavioural concerns to our expert Campus Life staff.
- More time and convenience: Like to sleep in? You can opt out of your daily commute when you live on campus – getting to all your classes will be no more than a five -minute walk! Once classes are over, you will have plenty of time to explore the local area, as each of our campuses are well connected to public transport networks.
- All your living needs will be covered: Forget the hassle of finding housemates, and setting up rental arrangements and amenities – everything is all ready for you when you arrive. Each accommodation precinct includes study rooms, laundries, bike storage, a movie room, common rooms, pool tables, outdoor spaces and communal BBQs. Our preventative maintenance approach ensures your home is constantly being monitored and maintained to a comfortable standard.
- 24-7 customer service and security: You will always be able to gain direct access to an on-site staff member, who is available for all students living on campus. Residents have staff available to provide an immediate response in cases such as a lockout or during more serious emergencies.
- Student leadership opportunities: If you return to live on campus for your second or third year, you have the chance to give back to our residential community by taking on the role of a Student Leader. Get involved in our comprehensive training program and develop new skills – you’ll have the opportunity to help others, meet more friends, and it’ll look great on your CV.
- Diverse cultural and social activities: Do you like photography? Drama? Sports? Singing? We’ve got it all covered. Our Campus Life team and Residential Leaders run a variety of small and large events on and off campus.
What do your neighbours think?
We recently asked some of our newer Resi students to talk about why they loved living on campus, here’s a glimpse of what they had to say:
‘Res has provided numerous activities that cater to every type of hobby and interest, establishing a sincere and inviting atmosphere where everybody feels welcome.’
‘I love Res because it’s so easy to make great friends, everyone is in the same situation and there are so many opportunities to participate in activities and events that will allow you to meet like-minded people!’
‘It’s building those skills you can have for the rest of your life. Cooking and cleaning for yourself, washing etc. All that sort of stuff you wouldn’t usually do until you move out of home.’
How can I apply?
Applying to live on campus is simple. Our step-by-step guide will tell you everything you need to know and help you through the process.
Don’t delay! Save your spot for T2 today, and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.