We are committed to offering students a rewarding business or legal education, and offering access to industry, professional networks and award-winning courses.
Calling all business students! Are you ready to take on the world by tackling real-life business problems as part of the 2019 IIBD International Case Competition?
Now in its 11th year, the competition features the top business students from universities around the globe, so make your mark by joining our team. Deakin Business School will enter one team comprising four business students (with no more than one post-graduate business student), who will be mentored by an academic.
The 2019 theme is ‘Feeding the World’, with teams to submit a case analysis report in the first round by Friday 28 June 2019.
Finalists will enter the final round on Friday 1 November 2019 at Hong Kong Baptist University, where they’ll have six hours to tackle and present a business case – and compete for cash prizes!
Flights and accommodation from Thursday 31 October to Sunday 3 November 2019 (three nights) will be covered if the team qualifies for the finals in Hong Kong.
So see if you can match or better last year’s effort, in which Deakin’s team qualified for the finals for the first time.
- You must be enrolled in a Deakin Business School course and be a current student at the time of the finals in November 2019.
- You will need to be available in June to work on the First Round Report (due 28 June) and for the finals from 31 October to 3 November.
How to apply
- Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘IIBD Competition’ as the subject line. Applications close Sunday 19 May 2019.
- Provide a 200-word statement outlining why you wish to compete. This should include your student ID, name, mobile number, course, units completed and WAM.
- This opportunity is non-credit-bearing.
- Visit the IIBD website for more information about the competition.
- Email any questions to email@example.com.