Offering free confidential psychological support to Deakin students, our counsellors are all highly-skilled psychologists and social workers.
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. And, like brushing your teeth and eating your greens, taking care of it should be part of everyday life. But as a busy university student, it’s easy to forget about it.
For Mental Health Matters Week (Monday 23 – Friday 27 July 2018) we’re holding the Mind Matters Expo. It’s a chance for you to learn more about mental health, self-care and how to manage stress and anxiety. Take the first step toward a more productive, balanced and healthy outlook on life by coming along to this FREE event on your campus.
Here’s what you’ve got to look forward to:
- pop-up massage stations
- chill zones with colouring books, relaxing music and origami
- hot soup
- Delta Therapy Dogs
- affirmation cards
- and lots of interesting health and wellbeing stalls.
We’re also giving away four DeakinACTIVE membership packs to the value of $120 (1 per campus, see terms and conditions below for details). Just grab a competition card at the event and get six stamps from the health and wellbeing stalls to win (three stamps will get you hot soup).
Congratulations to our competition winners: Yibing Liu (Waterfront), Serena Sham (Burwood), Emily Russell (Warrnambool) and Vineet Gaikwad (Waurn Ponds).
Geelong Waterfront Campus, Monday 23 July, 12 – 2pm, Level 2 Gallery
Melbourne Burwood Campus, Tuesday 24 July, 12 – 2pm, Central Precinct
Warrnambool Campus, Wednesday 25 July, 11:30am – 1:30pm, Cafeteria
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Thursday 26 July, 12 – 2pm, Union Green
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia.
- The competition is free to enter and is strictly open to Deakin students who are attending the Mind Matters Expo 2018. These students must submit an entry in the manner set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- Staff employed by Deakin University and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition period for all campuses is from Monday 23 July 2018 to Thursday 26 July 2018.
- There will be a prize pool of 4 x DeakinACTIVE membership packs.
- The Geelong Waurn Ponds and Burwood membership packs comprise a 3-month Strive membership, to the total value of $120.
- The Geelong Waterfront membership pack comprises a 3-month Strive membership OR a DeakinACTIVE merchandise pack, to the total value of $120.
- The Warrnambool membership pack comprises a one year membership AND a DeakinACTIVE merchandise pack, to the total value of $120.
- The total value of the prize pool is $480.
How to enter
- To enter, students must collect a Mind Matters Passport Challenge card at the event. They then need to collect six stamps from the various stalls at the event. After collecting six stamps, students must write their details on the card and place it in the competition barrel at the event.
Selection and notification of winners
- Winners will be drawn at random. One winner will be drawn at each campus event.
- Winners will be announced on Monday 30 July 2018 on the Deakin Life blog. Winners will also be notified via email.
- Winners may collect their prize from one of our four campuses or can opt to receive their prize via registered post.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within 7 days of contact from Deakin University, the winner forfeits the prize and another random entry will be chosen. This process may continue until the prize is awarded.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Deakin’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications.
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes. Entrants agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event that theirs is the winning entry and if requested by Deakin.
- Winners consent to their name and photograph being published on Deakin University social media and other digital channels if requested to in any and all forms as determined by the Division of Student Life.
Privacy collection, use and disclosure statement
Personal Information provided to Deakin University by entrants will be used to notify the winner of the competition. A photograph of the winners may be published on Deakin University’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and Instagram and other digital channels such as the Deakin Life blog.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).