The smart personal assistant for Deakin students.
Ever thought it would be cool to have a personal assistant? Someone who could give you reminders, like when and where your next lecture is. Someone who could answer all your questions, like how to reference an in-text citation correctly. Someone who could alert you when important things happen, like when your unit chair posts a news item.
We thought it would be cool too, so we created Deakin Genie.
Genie is a smart, friendly and powerful assistant for Deakin students. It’s a smartphone app that contains everything you need for your studies at Deakin. It’s your first stop for information when you’re on the move.
Here are some of the exciting ways Genie will make your life easier:
- Genie gives you quick access to all of your unit sites, your email, your timetable and your calendar, ensuring you know where you need to be.
- Genie can also help you access your assignment due dates and exam timetable, so you’ll never miss a deadline.
- You can view your library loans, holds and your Deakin Card balance (and top it up).
- Need help? Genie will put you in touch with the service you need – such as study support, Student Central or counselling – instantly.
- Genie makes it simple to get students news, important dates, and information about what’s happening on campus, so you can stay in the loop.
Genie is also voice-controlled, so you can have a conversation with it, just like Siri. You can ask Genie anything you want, from ‘How do I book a doctor’s appointment?’ to ‘Where can I get help with my enrolment?’ to ‘When is the Burwood Library open?’. You don’t have to Google it anymore: just ask Genie.
Genie is available 24/7 to ensure you’re supported, organised and in control.
Watch the video now to see what Genie can do! Then, download Genie from the App Store or Google Play and give it a try. Just use your Deakin credentials to log in, and read our FAQs about Genie if you get stuck.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact email@example.com.