We are committed to offering students a rewarding business or legal education, and offering access to industry, professional networks and award-winning courses.
Applications for the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) Accounting Student Scholarship are now open.
The scholarship is open to Deakin accounting students in their second or third year of study. It includes a two-year membership to the IPA (valued at $500) and access to their career mentor program. The scholarship will put you ahead of the pack when it comes to your career. And, there are 100 scholarships on offer!
The IPA is one of Australia’s oldest professional accounting bodies. Commencing operations in 1923, their evolution has seen them grow to over 35,000 students and members internationally. The IPA advocates for the small business sector and in 2015, this advocacy work led to the landmark Australian Small Business White Paper, developed in conjunction with Deakin.
How to apply
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- be an IPA Student Member (it’s free and you can sign up on application)
- be an undergrad or postgrad Deakin student with a major in accounting
- reside in Australia for the duration of the scholarship
- be a 2nd or 3rd year student (preferred)
- state the reason you are applying for the scholarship (explain how you think the IPA can assist you now and into the future).