Graduating from a Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching (Secondary), Jessica Lundie is a passionate Head of Languages and Indonesian Language Teacher. Jessica originally transferred to Deakin from another school believing that Deakin would be more beneficial to her learning. ‘On the job training is so important and is part of the reason I transferred to secondary teaching at Deakin. Nothing can replace hands-on experience in the field that you are studying towards becoming a part of. For me, Deakin is different because of the vision and mission to be ‘Worldly’. I will always admire how Deakin endeavours to create globally conscious citizens through their approach to education.’ 

Indonesian language study and the engagement with Indonesia has become an integral part of my life, at the same time as being a growing part of my own identity. I thrive off sharing my experiences with others and value my responsibility as an Indonesian teacher highly. It is for this reason I chose Deakin University so that I could continue on with my Indonesian studies knowing that it would eventuate into me being able to teach it!’ Jessica says. 

Nothing can replace hands-on experience in the field that you are studying towards becoming a part of. For me, Deakin is different because of the vision and mission to be ‘Worldly’. I will always admire how Deakin endeavours to create globally conscious citizens through their approach to education.

For Jessica, the most rewarding part of her job ‘is when my passion rubs off on my students and they express their own love for the Indonesian language and culture.’ 

Jessica’s advice to any prospective Deakin student is to ‘take every opportunity that is presented to you – you can never be too prepared for the workforce!’ 

Jessica Lundie 
Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching graduate 
Head of Languages/Indonesian Language Teacher 

Jessica

Learn more about studying an education and/or teaching degree at Deakin University.