Centre for Innovation and Education
in Aged Care
The Tri-focal Model of Care Education Program for Residential Aged Care is a workplace-based education and training program. It is designed to enable participants to adapt and employ a range of strategies to:
- Improve the quality of care
- Enhance the physical and mental health of residents
- Optimise the environment and social interactions for all concerned.
The Tri-focal Model of Care Education Program for Residential Aged Care is currently being delivered in Victoria with our clinical service partners, primarily using a train-the-trainer approach to disseminating the Tri-focal Model of Care.
Access to the workplace-based program manuals, workbooks and forms is restricted to authorised users.
The Tri-focal Model of Care Education Program for Residential Aged Care program comprises nine Modules. The first three are the Professional Support Modules and the remaining six are the Clinical Modules.
Professional Support Modules
- Collegiality and teamwork
- Introducing Evidence-based Practice through Change Management and Leadership
- Management of Behaviours of Concern
- Management of Continence
- Management of Depression
- Management of Medication
- Management of Mobility
- Management of Nutrition