Are you a creative? Why not submit your work to Deakin University’s Capture Art and Performance Prize and see where your talents could lead!
Cash prizes, exhibition and workshop opportunities available.
The Capture Art and Performance Prize will give 12 finalists the opportunity to have their work exhibited in a professional environment. Finalists will participate in the Capture Art and Performance Exhibition at The Project Space, Deakin University Waterfront Campus gallery.
Prizes will be awarded based on the decision of a panel of esteemed judges who are artists from the fields of art and performance. The panel will be Chaired by Dr Anne Scott Wilson, Lecturer in Art and Performance at Deakin University.
All Capture entrants will have one of their works exhibited on digital screens alongside the 12 finalists.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220
- The Capture Art and Performance Prize is open to all permanent Australian residents aged 16 years and over with the exception of Deakin University staff, students, and their immediate family.
- Entries for the Capture Art and Performance Prize must be completed online and must meet the specifications provided.
- Works must have been produced within the last three years.
- By entering the prize, you are confirming that you are the creator and owner of the entered work.
- Entrants may submit one entry.
- Entries must be in JPG or MP4 only
- Show us your best – Be Bold!
- Submission specifications:
- Visual Art and Photography – 1 image only; Image/s must be supplied as JPEG file/s – 72 DPI and 1600 pixels at the widest side. Maximum file size when uploading is 9.5 MB
- Dance and Performance – video up to 1 minute only – Video/s must be supplied as MP4 files – maximum file size 9.5MB
- Entries must be accompanied by a 50 word explanation about your work and your submission must have a title.
- Entries close 29th August 2018 5pm.
Judging and prizes
- Finalists will be notified by email by August 30.
- Finalists will be contacted regarding the short-listed works and exhibition specifications.
- The finalists will participate in the curated exhibition at The Project Space which opens on the awards evening on 14th September 2018 at Deakin University, Geelong Waterfront Campus.
- Finalists will be judged by industry professionals who will be looking for innovative, original works.
- There are cash prizes for first, second and third winners
- First Prize $500
- Second Prize $250
- Third Prize $150
- Winners will be notified on September 14 at the Exhibition Opening or will be contacted by phone or email following the Opening if they are not present.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges reserve the right not to exhibit any work if the work is not in their opinion of sufficient artistic merit, technical and formal resolution, or framed/presented appropriately. Deakin University has the right to refuse to display any entry.
- By submitting an entry the entrant grants to Deakin University an irrevocable licence to reproduce and publish (with no charge) the entrant’s work in publicity and promotional material in relation to the Capture Art and Performance Prize subject to Deakin University’s discretion. This does not affect the copyright status of the work. An entrant’s images and video submissions may be uploaded to social media sites including Facebook.
- All personal information gathered by Deakin University will be used solely for the purpose of administering the Capture Art and Performance Prize.
For further enquiries please contact: Dr Anne Wilson.
Tips and ideas on how to get started:
- Some elements to consider are:
- We want your entry – your creative thoughts as you see them.
- We want you to share your unique way of seeing the world.