Are you a photography enthusiast? Why not submit your work into ‘Capture’ to see where your talent could lead you?
Finalists will participate in ‘Capture’ the exhibition at Deakin University, Geelong Waterfront Campus.
This gives you the opportunity to have your work showcased in a professional environment.
In 2017 our first Deakin Photography Graduates from the Waterfront will be exhibiting alongside Capture finalists together with the national university photo competition, ‘Exposure’ finalists.
Our esteemed judges include Lisa Sullivan, curator of the Geelong Gallery, Kate Robertson, contemporary photographic artist and Anne Scott Wilson, Lecturer Art and Performance at Deakin University and artist in the expanded field of photography.
All ‘Capture’ entrants will have one of their works exhibited on our nocturnal screens alongside the 8 finalists.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220
- Entries for the Capture Photography Prize will be considered from still photo-based media including analogue and digital photography.
- Work/s must have been produced within the last three years.
- Entrants must be enrolled VCE students or currently studying a VCE unit, or identify as an emerging artist aged 17-25
- By entering this prize you are confirming that you are the creator and owner of the entered photograph/s.
- Entries are to be submitted using the online entry process.
- Entrants may submit up to 3 images.
- Any themes can be explored – landscape, selfie, experimental etc.
- Image/s must be supplied as JPEG file/s – 72 DPI and 1600 pixels at the widest side. Maximum file size when uploading is 9.5 MB per image.
If you are selected as a finalist, you will be required to produce a hi resolution version at 240 dpi of your image.
- Entries must be accompanied by a 50 word explanation about your work and each submission must have a title.
- Entries must be submitted by 4 October 2017 5pm.
Judging and prizes
- Finalists will be notified by email.
- Finalists will have their images printed professionally on archival paper for exhibition.
- The finalists will participate in the curated exhibition of Deakin Photography which opens 18 October 2017 at Deakin University, Geelong Waterfront Campus.
- Finalists will be judged by industry professionals who will be looking for innovative, original works.
- There are cash prizes for first, second and third winners
- First Prize $500
- Second Prize $250
- Third Prize $150
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges reserve the right not to exhibit any work if the work is not in their opinion of sufficient artistic merit, technical and formal resolution, or framed/presented appropriately. Deakin University has the right to refuse to display any entry.
- The entrant agrees to Deakin University reproducing (with no charge) a finalist’s work in publicity and promotion of the Capture Photography Prize subject to Deakin University’s discretion. This does not affect the copyright status of the work. Finalists’ images will be uploaded to social media sites including Facebook.
- All personal information gathered by Deakin University will be used solely for the purpose of administering the Capture Photography Prize.
For further enquiries please contact: Anne Wilson
Tips and ideas on how to get started:
- Some elements to consider are:
- Visual concept
- Subject matter
- We want your entry – your visual thoughts as you see them.
- We want you to share your unique way of seeing the world.