Study smarter with Resource Guides
You’ve just been handed your first assessment, and you need to get started. Maybe you are looking for texts, videos, articles or journals – there are a whole range of resources to support your project, paper or presentation.
Where do you start?
The library has you covered. Expert librarians across all four faculties have put together a one-stop-shop of key resources and databases for a huge range of subject areas. These Resource Guides are regularly updated and tailored for your area of study, so you’ll find only the most relevant information.
The library has an expansive collection – hundreds of databases, hundreds of thousands of books and millions of online resources. Resource Guides are the best way to narrow down the information as you begin your studies and collect research for your first assessments.
Not only do our Resource Guides summarise the best places to look for subject-specific information, but they also offer essential guidance on other topics. For example:
- the Companies, Industries and Country Information guide helps you find information that’s difficult to track down or expensive to locate on the web, such as industry reports
- the Making a video guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to put together a video like a pro
- the Peer review guide gives you an overview of peer review and how to find peer-reviewed sources
- the Open Access guide helps you learn to recognise, understand and find open access resources
- the EndNote guide offers the key information you need to know about this referencing tool.
Regardless of what you’re studying, what year you’re in or where you’re based, the library’s Resource Guides provide an excellent, reliable foundation for your research.
As always, if you have any questions that need a more personalised response, we encourage you to get in touch with your Liaison Librarian. You can find them by faculty using the links below:
- Faculty of Arts and Education
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment