All Deakin Library campuses are open with safety meaures in place, and we look forward to seeing you! You can check the opening hours of your campus library on our website.
Our libraries are vibrant and busy, so we recommend you book a space ahead of time to ensure your spot. Desks, booths, computers and group rooms are all available to be reserved ahead of time.
Face-to-face services are once again available, and you can also contact the library via:
COVID-safe ambassadors are also on-site to assist you if needed. When you arrive at the library, you will need to scan a QR code to sign in and assist with the University’s mandatory contact tracing efforts. Please do not come to campus if you feel unwell.
Loan periods for collection items
The loan periods for library items have been amended as part of our transition to COVID Normal on 23 February 2021:
- The 15-day loan period for prescribed textbooks has been changed back to 7-day loans for Campus, DUELI and Deakin College students
- General loan periods for non-prescribed textbooks have been changed back to 21 days for Campus and DUELI students, and Deakin College students and staff
- Automatic renewals still apply if no other borrower requests the item
- Cloud Campus students, PhDs, Disability Resource Centre participants and staff are allowed 15-day loans for prescribed texts and 42-day loans for general items.
Visitors to our campus libraries must adhere to the government’s physical distancing advice. This includes practices such as:
- covering sneezes/coughs with your elbow or sleeve, not your hands
- regularly washing and/or sanitising your hands
- meeting only in small groups with at least four square metres per person allowed
- staying 1.5 metres apart from others
- avoiding physical contact with others, including handshakes.
This situation is constantly changing, so please be sure to refer to the University’s COVID-19 FAQs page for the most up-to-date information from Deakin leadership.